New Zealand Cryptocurrency Exchange Easy Crypto Closes $12M Series A Venture Round
Easy Crypto closed a $12 million Series A funding round, the New Zealand-based cryptocurrency exchange announced in a press release dated Oct. 6.
- Nuance Connected Capital led the round with investments from ethical pension provider Pathfinder and Indonesia-based GDP Venture. U.S.-based Hutt Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures, Icehouse Ventures and Even Capital also participated in the funding.
- The exchange, which said the round was oversubscribed by 50%, will use the capital to expand globally into new markets.
- In the release, Easy Crypto highlighted its intent to grow its business in Southeast Asia. Easy Crypto already has a firm presence in South Africa, Australia, and the Philippines, along with New Zealand.
- Easy Crypto’s platform allows users to buy and sell in over 150 cryptocurrencies. The three-year-old firm, which was founded by siblings Janine and Alan Grainger, has seen its number of users grow fivefold over the past year.
- “This funding will accelerate our global growth trajectory, making cryptocurrency easily accessible to even more customers across the world,” Janine Grainger, who serves as the company’s CEO, wrote CoinDesk. “It is a clear endorsement of what the Easy Crypto team has achieved to date and the growth potential of the platform.”