Dolce & Gabbana’s inaugural non-fungible token (NFT) collection, the Collezione Genesi, fetched approximately $5.65 million in a sale that closed Thursday.
- The group of nine NFTs was launched on luxury marketplace UNXD, which is built on Ethereum layer 2 Polygon.
- The bidding for the collection started Sept. 28 and ended today, with the NFTs being personally designed by Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana for UNXD.
- “The Doge Crown” NFT fetched the largest amount – 423.5 ETH, or roughly $1.3 million at current prices, while “The Glass Suit” NFT took in 351.384 ETH, or just over $1 million. The two versions of the “Dress from a Dream” each fetched more than $500,000.
- Winners of each item received not only the NFT, but physical versions of the items and exclusive access to Dolce & Gabbana events.
- UNXD has also partnered with Polygon to launch a $10 million “Culture Fund” that aims to expand the use of NFTs in the fashion industry.
UPDATE (Sept. 30, 20:31 UTC): Updated with additional sales details in third bullet point.